This Week In Brand Strategy & Marketing
PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news that caught our attention this week.
Here is a look at some standout brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention this week – as well as some macro trends and themes we’re tracking.
Ideas Shaping Strategy – & Inspiration for Creativity, Innovation
- Four Key 2011 Trends
- CES 2011: The Year of Tablets & Digital Living Rooms?
- People Problems Masquerading as Business Problems
- Social Commerce is the ‘Next Big Thing’
- Is Humanitarian Design the New Imperialism?
- Shape the Hive: An Experiment in Interactive Collaboration
- Shaping the Future of Play
- Digital Message in a Bottle
- Cycle the World from Home with Google Bike
- 11 NYC Startups to Watch in 2011
Brand Content, Ideas (for better and sometimes worse)
- Imagining Starbucks in 2020
- Polaroid and Lady Gaga Launch New Line at CES
- Foursquare’s New Partnership with PepsiCo (personalized location-based offers)
- Google: Sneak Peak at ‘Life In a Day’
- Coca Cola Wraps Largest Social Media Project
- Personal Branding Disorders (The Awl)
Digital Media, Tech & Marketing News & Resources
- New Year’s Eve Sets Twitter Record
- Online Generation Gap Shrinking – Still, Millennials Rule
- A Digital Renaissance for the Long Form?
- Quora Will Be Bigger Than Twitter
- Apple’s Mac App Store Opens
- Netflix Makes Its Way to Your Remote Control
- 4 Key Takeaways from Goldman’s Huge Facebook Investment
- Facebook Users, by the Numbers