Austrian designer Stefan Sagmeister, who has created album covers for the likes of The Rolling Stones and Lou Reed, shares his thinking on the conscious and unconscious forms of happiness in this TED talk.
Utilizing simple and fun animations and short videos, he also lists his seven personal rules for achieving happiness when working in design:
- Thinking about ideas and content freely – with the deadline far away.
- Traveling to new places.
- Using a wide variety of tools and techniques.
- Working on projects that matter to me.
- Having things come back from the printer done well.
- Getting feedback from people who see our work.
- Designing a project that feels partly brand new and partly familiar.