PSFK curates some of the brand strategy, digital and creative advertising news that caught our attention this week.
Here is a look at some standout brand-building and communications stories that caught our attention this week.
Ideas Shaping Strategy, Creativity & Innovation
- The Sharing Economy
- Mark Zuckerberg Explains His Law of Social Sharing
- Facebook and Its Double Standard On Sharing
- How to Make Systems Thinking Sexy
- If You Want to Succeed, You’ve Got To Assume No One Cares (on the realities of brand ‘advocacy’)
- Unlocking Viral Secrets on Facebook: MIT Study
- Is Your Mobile Strategy In Motion?
- Ken Robinson on the Secrets of Creative Leadership
- Innovators’ DNA
- The Pursuit of Happiness Gets More Difficult
- Agencies as Incubators
- When Women Continue to be Edited Out
- 10 Commonly Misunderstood Words
- Infographics Are Useful – But They Must Evolve
Innovative, Inspiring Ideas: New Products, Projects & Brand Work
- The World of Seven Billion: Where And How We Live (National Geographic Interactive Map)
- Visualizations of the Most Defining Moments in US History
- Percolate: The Microblogging Platform Where Twitter and Tumblr Go to Hang Out
- People Staring at Computers
- Spotify is Coming to the US
- Prizes: Solve Problems. Win Contests. Make Money.
- Lifepath (an app that maps out your life)
- Gif Shop
- Can You Crowdsource Health Information Via Twitter?
- Facebook Video Calling
- Wheel of Concept
- Design & Thinking, the Documentary
- 16 Ways to Play with Instragram
- The iPhone SLR Mount
Digital Media, Tech & Marketing News & Resources
- News of the World to Close
- The Business Impact of Social Media
- Obama’s Twitter Town Hall
- Infographic: Who Is Using Twitter, How Often, and Why?
- Google+: In Praise of Starting Over
- Zuckerberg Finds Fans on Google+
- 5 Things the Skype Deal Teaches Us About Facebook
- iOS App Store Hits 15Billion Downloads
- Europe’s Social Media Hotspots: Where Networking Works
- eBay Buys Zong to Boost PayPal’s Mobile Payments Technology
- Usability Lessons from a First Time Computer User
- It’s Official: Teens Prefer Texting to Talking